MARTHA MARYIAM VANITHA SAMAJAM(M.M.V.S.)
Martha Maryam (Vanitha) Samajam was founded in 1920 aimed at the spiritual progress of women of the Malankara Orthodox Church. St. Mary is venerated as its patron Saint. It was started under the patronage of the Late Very Rev. M.C.Kuriakose Ramban and with the leadership of K.M Annamma and co-workers.
The Martha Maryam Samajam of our church meets on every Sundays after Holy Qurbana. The activities of the group include prayers for sick people, hospital visits, charity work, bible studies etc.
- Preparing women to have theological training.
- Preparing Church Choir- Mistresses.
- Training women to have social awareness, participation in political activities,decision-making at every level.
- Attempts to find out women's potentials to a greater extent.
- Training women to lead prayer life, Bible classes, fellowship meetings and to preach the gospel.
- Preparing cell to solve the problems of working women.
- Seek solidarity with women's action groups on local and national level .
- Encouraging more participation in ecumenical gatherings.
- To enhance spiritual practices observing lent, and other religious practices, bringing up children etc
- Participation for women in the administration of the church-membership in Parish committee, Managing committee, working Committee. Advisory committee etc
OFFICE BEARER (2018-19):
Secretary- Ms.Kunjumol Shaji
Jt.Secretary - Ms.Kunjumol Patrose
Treasurer - Selin P Joy
Executive Member - Mrs.Sophia Patrose